Photos of a new Atrix-looking Motorola Android phone have sparked Atrix 2 rumors faster than you can say “Moto”. The overall form factor, size and textured back do look somewhat familiar, but in all fairness, Motorola could brand this with whichever name they want, although “Atrix” was a reasonably successful name.
One thing is for sure, this new device is headed for AT&T as the carrier logo clearly indicates. By looking at the back, it is clear that the 8 Megapixel camera and 1080p video recording resolution are going to be major marketing bullet points.Interestingly enough, the MotoBlur logo (Motorola’s software that handles social networking communications) is absent from this design. On the front, I find the curved display to be interesting looking. It may feel like LG’s Optimus 2X, another high-powered Android Smartphone.
Beyond that, it’s hard to guess what hardware will power the phone and whether or not Motorola will stick with NVIDIA‘s Tegra Series of system on a chip (SoC) – if that is indeed the Atrix 2. What do you think? Does it look like a proper Atrix successor? (Don’t miss our Atrix review btw)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: HTC One M8's Dual-Lens Setup Draws Interest From Huawei And Lenovo [Rumor]