Patience is a virtue, and for Motorola Droid 2 owners out there, you ought to have oodles of it. After all, if you have been patiently looking out for Android 2.3 Gingerbread until now, hold your horses. There is a leaked screen shot floating around which points towards a Gingerbread release – after the Droid 3 is rolled out, of course.
It is said that the Motorola Droid 3 will be shipping out sometime early this month, with the physical product arriving at stores a week after it ships. Those who love marking down calendars can always look forward to July 14th as the day where their long awaited Gingerbread update arrives on the Droid 2 Global then. After all, if you have already waited all this while, what is a couple more weeks, right?
I guess that is one issue with Android-powered handset owners will always have to contend with compared to iOS devices – your updates depend on the model and make, and are not determined by Google to a certain extent.
Next Story: HTC Sensation now plays nice with AT&T bands
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2011-10-25 Motorola DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global receives Gingerbread
- 2011-06-29 Gingerbread updates for Motorola DROID devices held back?
- 2011-04-12 New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked
- 2011-03-28 Official Gingerbread update for Droid X and Droid 2 leaked
- 2011-02-11 Stock Android Gingerbread ROM appears for Droid