We know that the Motorola Photon 4G will be headed for Sprint’s network, but just how soon is that? The answer would be very – considering the smartphone has already arrived at the FCC. This is a WiMAX-equipped Android smartphone, sporting hardware specifications that tend to lean towards the Motorola Atrix 4G which is available on AT&T. Of course, those with an eye for detail might just think of the Photon to be the more stylish equivalent, thanks to beveled corners that are future forward.
The FCC documents have pointed towards this handset as model P56MD1, but thankfully, it has a bunch of compatible bands that make life a whole lot easier since we can identify the potential candidates. Currently, the Photon 4G is the only Motorola that seem to be headed for Sprint’s WiMAX. You will find a dual-core Tegra 2 inside, in addition to 1GB RAM and a 4.3″ qHD display to rock your socks off in due time.
Next Story: Motorola Titanium arriving this July 24th
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2011-07-13: Motorola PHOTON 4G price and release date announced
- 2011-07-05: Motorola Photon 4G for Sprint announced
- 2011-06-09: Motorola Photon Preview
- 2011-06-09: PHOTON 4G is Motorola's first 4G phone for Sprint
- 2011-04-12: Sprint Motorola Xoom – WiFi-only first followed by WiMAX 4G version