The Motorola XOOM did not live up to its ambition of being the iPad killer, but that doesn’t mean the tablet device is a failure in its own right. No sir, it still has its fair share of fans, not to mention software updates rolling out for it. The latest being, the Android 3.2 update, if this comment on issue number 16992 in the Android Open Source Project is real. Just what the heck is Issue 16992? No, it has nothing to do with extra-terrestrial lifeforms invading our planet to obtain tablet technology, but rather, it is an issue with Exchange support on the XOOM that occurs after the 3.1 update. It seems that a Google employee did comment on a 3.2 update coming out “within days” which will also fix for those Exchange woes.
Well, this still remains very much a rumor as at press time, and until something official is announced or released, we will just have to keep a keen eye out. What do you think? Will you be keeping tabs on the “System Update” button in the coming days?
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2013-03-03: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 Gets Android 4.2 Update
- 2011-10-17: Motorola Xoom to be the first tablet to receive Ice Cream Sandwich update?
- 2011-10-06: Motorola Xoom Family Edition spotted at retail stores
- 2011-09-28: Motorola XOOM 4G LTE upgrade available tomorrow
- 2011-08-07: Motorola Xoom update brings SD card support