It doesn’t really matter just how many cores a particular processor has if the programmer or software developer does not take full advantage of all the cores in their program. Well, at least it is comforting to know that you have more than one core to call upon if the situation calls for it where the MSI GE620DX gaming notebook is concerned. This notebook will come with USB 3.0 connectivity for lighting fast data transfer, alongside a GeForce GT 555M graphics chipset with 2GB of display memory.
Apart from that, this 15″ gaming notebook will run on Intel’s quad-core 2.0GHz Core i7-2630QM processor, support for DirectX 11 and PhysX, alongside MSI’s very own GPU technology that is smart enough to make the switch from discrete to integrated graphics in order to maximize the power efficiency of said machine.
Additional hardware specifications comprise of a 720p webcam, HDMI output and a 1,366 x 768 display alongside LED backlighting. Depending on how deep your pockets are at the moment, you can choose from a range of hard drive options as well as cramming in up to 8GB of DDR3 memory. There is still no word on pricing, so we will keep a keen eye out for further word.
Next Story: Brain signals harnessed for braking assistance
- 2014-01-05: HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-03-29: VIZIO Prices New Line Of Laptops, Desktops
- 2013-03-08: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E-Series Launched at CeBIT 2013
- 2011-03-25: MSI GX680 offers bigger and better innards
- 2010-12-28: MSI notebooks to make a splash at CES 2011
- 2009-05-15: MSI GX723 Gaming Notebook
- 2009-10-07: MSI GT740 gaming notebook
- 2010-03-15: MSI GE700 gaming notebook