Taiwanese computer manufacturer MSI has already started taking pre-orders for their upcoming WindPad 110w tablet, but for those who were thinking that you could get your hands on it this month, we will have to disappoint you as it will ship only on August 1st. Well, you know that waiting is well worth it if it is for something that you really, really want, so those who are interested might want to make a virtual bee-line and place your $599 pre-order for this 10″ Windows-powered tablet that runs off an an AMD Z-01 processor which churns at 1GHz in a dual-core configuration.
Keeping the clock speed down while introducing more cores is more efficient than a single core but high clock speed processor – not only do you save energy and extend the battery life of the device, it is also more efficient, only if the code takes advantage of such a situation, of course.
Other hardware configurations of the MSI WindPad 110w include a 10.1″ capacitive touchscreen display at 1,280 x 800 resolution, HDMI output, USB connectivity, and headphone ports, an SD memory card slot, a G-sensor, light sensor, and front and rear cameras in addition to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Next Story: Facebook Vibes code spotted
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-07-24: MSI WindPad Enjoy 10 drops by the FCC
- 2011-07-12: Sony S1 tablet up for pre-order on September 1st in the UK
- 2011-05-23: MSI WindPad 110W ready for pre-order
- 2011-01-26: MSI WindPad 100W now on sale
- 2011-01-21: MSI tablet features a built-in projector