Waiting for an Android device from Samsung that features a high-res screen? You might be in for a treat. The folks over at T-Store, a Korean app market lists an unannounced Samsung device with the model number SHV-E120S in its Developer Center. You might ask, what’s so great about this unknown, mysterious device?
Well, the phone/tablet packs a WXGA resolution display which in case you didn’t know, is 1280 x 768 pixels. Now there’s no telling if this is a phone or tablet yet, but since it is running Gingerbread, and Samsung has a Korea-only device that carries a similar model number (SHV-E110S), we’re placing our bets on the former. And if it is a phone, there’s a possibility that we’ll be seeing a higher than Retina Display pixel density on the device.
The SHV-E120S will also feature a MSM8250 Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm, which is unfortunately not a dual-core. However the prospect of having a high-res display on an Android phone is already exciting. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we find out what the phone is.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2011-09-25: Samsung Galaxy S2 gets Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread ROM leaked
- 2011-07-24: Samsung slider for Boost Mobile spotted in the wild
- 2011-06-30: Samsung Droid Charge with leaked Gingerbread ROM
- 2011-06-02: Samsung Exhibit 4G officially announced for T-Mobile
- 2011-06-01: Notion Ink releases Eden 1.5 update for Adam tablet