Japanese research collaboration Life BEANS have paraded their nanotech fiber clothes recently at the Micromachine/ MEMS exhibition at Tokyo Big Sight, with a dress that will incorporate nano technology that can be used to provide warmth or cool down the wearer. To put it in a nutshell, the entire dress can be transformed into an electrical device by itself with such technology.
This new fabrication process will enable additional flexible layers of conductive cells to be woven within clothes, letting one remain as comfortable as one can be all the time. The cooling or heating process depends on the nanocell activation, and will also be able to enable the transference of electronic data through the clothes themselves.
Where practical usage of such technology is concerned, imagine your coat as a cell phone of sorts, alongside GPS navigation capability – although we aren’t too sure what kind of peripherals will need to be produced so that your clothes will be amalgamated with your gizmos.
- 2014-04-01: Heat Activated Fashion By Alexander Wang
- 2014-03-24: The Diamond Suit Protects You From Bullets While Looking Incredibly Stylish
- 2014-03-23: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Shoot Fashion Magazine's Entire Issue
- 2014-03-06: Embroidered LED Lights In Akris RTW Fall 2014 Collection
- 2014-02-14: LED Hats Targets Chic Fashion Crowd