Netflix certainly didn’t make any new friends with their crazy recent price increase, although they did manage to turn away plenty of subscribers – even long time ones, for good. While the move might seem to be daylight robbery, the company still has a huge enough client base to survive this initial fallout, but it would be interesting to see their revenue figures in the next quartet that reflects the consequences of their decision. It does seem as though Netflix experienced an outage yesterday evening that prevented several devices from connecting to the company’s servers to stream movies.
According to a Netflix help line recording, subscribers were informed that the company was aware of the outage, and are hard at work to resolve it. Karma, some say, but perhaps it isn’t enough for those who were wishing more bad tidings upon Netflix.
The streaming issue apparently affected Samsung Blu-ray players for a bunch of hours, with engineers hard at work to look for a solution. Of course, it seems as though this outage has been resolved by now, but the cause has yet to be determined.RELATED
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Follow: Netflix, outage,
- Seen at: news.cnet