The folks over at 9to5Mac have gotten their hands on what is said to be a protective case for the next generation iPhone – or at least one of the prototypes that have made it to one of the case manufacturers in Asia. But from the blog’s report – the case is thinner than the protective cases for the iPhone 4, which corroborates with previous reports about a thinner next-generation iPhone.
The case is also curved, which looks like it will be housing a phone with a tapered back design (like the iPads and previous generation iPhones). However, it could possibly be a case for the next generation iPod Touch, since those devices still have tapered backs until today. But the lack of a hole for the headphone jack at the bottom of the device begs to differ.
A Japanese site, Macotakara, recently posted mock up renders of what is said to be the next iPhone (which strangely looks like a miniature iPad), and it certainly looks like it would fit the case that 9to5Mac discovered. With plenty of rumors saying that the iPhone will be out later this year, with the possibility of the phone being announced or released in September, the wait won’t be too long and we can’t wait to find out. What do you think of a tapered back for the next iPhone?
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-08-29: More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak
- 2011-08-26: iPhone 5 EVT Prototype back cover, audio and volume parts leaked
- 2011-07-29: iPhone 5 spotted in the wild?
- 2011-05-24: iPhone 5 case leak confirms camera and flash on opposite ends?