Anyone rocking to the Nexus S 4G? If you have answered in the affirmative, then you will be pleased to know that your still relevant smartphone will be getting Android 2.3.5 next Monday – for Sprint customers, of course. Also known as system software GRJ90, this update is said to deliver a bunch of 4G fixes, tweaks, as well as full support for the smartphone’s secure NFC transceiver.
According to Droid-life, the image that you see here is the real deal and not some sort of Photoshop job, while the displayed version number is as accurate as a Tomahawk missile bearing down on its target. What you see seem to hail from a previous build compared to the upcoming one, perhaps one that was still in testing, hence the spy shot?
Google themselves have remained strangely silent about the GRJ90 update, but update perhaps this might just usher in a whole new age of NFC functionality in compatible handsets. Do you think that other smartphones with NFC built-in will be getting the new update in due time as well?RELATED
- Slingplayer Windows 8 App Costs $15 After Free Trial Run Period
- Skype For Android 4.5 Rolls Out
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- Conan O'Brien Uses Lyft App To Take Kevin Hart, Ice Cube Around Town
- Follow: android 2.3, android update, nexus s 4g,
- Seen at: droid-life