Looking for a new lens to capture in depth details or general portraiture? Nikon has just launched a new lens designed for your needs. Called the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G lens, it is a lightweight and versatile lens that gives Nikon DX-format shooters macro capabilities without burning a hole in their wallets.
It has a natural focal length of 60mm (FX equivalent) and a large f/2.8 aperture that lets photographers shoot both close up shots and as well as flattering portraiture. It is touted to be fast, with whisper quiet autofocus operation, and makes use of Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor technology. It also features Nikon’s Close-Range Correction System to help you with your detailed shots, and Integrated Coatings to help reduce lens flare and ghosting.
The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens is compatible with any DX-format DSLR and is available now. It will set you back $279.95. Find out more on the Nikon website.
Next Story: Genius SP-HF2020 speaker system is versatile
- 2014-04-17 Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10 Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10 Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09 Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28 Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2011-12-12 Nikon D4 specs get leaked
- 2011-11-21 Nikon D800 photos and specs leaked
- 2011-07-07 iPhone SLR Mount turns your iPhone into "an SLR"
- 2011-04-05 Nikon D5100 D-SLR officially announced
- 2011-04-04 Nikon D5100 - first images