By now we all know that the N9 will be Nokia’s first and last MeeGo device, and while it’s not for sale yet, Nokia is doing its best to allay any fears that consumers might have about buying the company’s last MeeGo device. According to a recent Tweet from Klas Strom, Head of Portfolio Management at Nokia, Nokia will be supporting the N9 for the next few years and the company will even be releasing software updates for the MeeGo phone.
In other news, it turns out that MeeGo will have landscape support (early demos and screenshots of the operating system seem to show the device perpetually stuck in portrait mode) so that’s good news, especially for developers who will be getting their hands on the N950 developer phone. Check out some screenshots of MeeGo in landscape mode after the break:
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Follow: meego, n9, Nokia, screenshot,
- Seen at: mynokiablog