The BlackBerry App World has hit the one billion download mark, but Apple’s App Store has outdone its rival by 15 times the amount, which is extremely impressive. Well, Nokia’s Ovi Store isn’t quite dead yet, where it currently plays host to 50,000 apps as well as achieving 6.5 million downloads per day, so it would take less than half a year to touch the magical 1 billion mark.
According to Nokia, “increased demand for apps from the approximately 225-million strong Symbian customer base” was the main catalyst behind the growth, and when you compare it to the App Store’s 425,000 applications, it is but a fraction, although one would argue that quality is always better than quantity in this case. In fact, the Ovi Store nearly doubled the applications of Windows Marketplace.
Do you think there is a future for Nokia’s Ovi Store, or are these figures just the last gasp before it gives up the ghost? Only time will tell.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2011-09-16 Ovi logo removed from Ovi Store website
- 2011-05-22 Ovi Store updated: now supports in-store updates
- 2011-01-20 The Ovi Store is very popular in China
- 2010-04-24 Nokia X5 And C5 Go Official In China
- 2010-11-01 Nokia Z500 MeeGo Tablet Spotted in Ovi Store Mention