Home theaters are quite different from what they used to be back in the day. Instead of having to deal with just one type of medium for your media, consumers now have so many different choices where to get their entertainment from. While in the past this meant the need to purchase multiple players, it looks like we won’t have to anymore.
Onkyo’s latest Blu-ray disc player, the BD-SP809 plays pretty much every format you require in today’s world. CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs; you name it, the player plays it. Even if the discs contain self-burnt content that isn’t encoded in regular player-friendly formats (i.e. DivX HD, Mp3, WMA). And if you’re too lazy to even burn discs, the BD-SP809 has a USB slot for you to plug in your thumb drive or external hard disk.
The player even has DLNA support, which will allow users to transmit content from mobile devices that support the standard for wireless content streaming. If physical media isn’t for you, the BD-SP809 works with services such as Netflix, Blockbuster, Film Fresh and VUDU services. With superb image quality thanks to its onboard Marvell processor, and twin HDMI outputs for up to two HDTVs or projectors you can be sure the detail is stunning (provided that the footage is). THX-certified audio also makes sure your eyes aren’t the only parts of your body that are enjoying themselves.
The Onkyo BD-SP809 will be available this August with a suggested retail price of $599.RELATED
- PiixL Jetpack Small Enough A PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Follow: blu ray, home theater, onkyo, player,