There’s no question that Android is one of the fastest growing mobile platforms available today. Not too long after Google announced that it has sold over a 100 million Android devices at the Google I/O event in May, the company has now announced that it has now sold over 130 million devices. That’s at least 30 million in the past two months alone!
In addition to reaching a new high in sales, the company has also announced that it activates 550,000 Android devices daily, 50,000 more than its latest announcement of 500,000 daily activations last month. But it looks like Google still has some catching up to do after Apple announced at WWDC 2011 that it has sold over 200 million iOS devices. Something tells me, it might not take too long if Android activations continue to surge at this rate.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: activation, Android, sales,
- Seen at: pcadvisor