There’s no question that Android is one of the fastest growing mobile platforms available today. Not too long after Google announced that it has sold over a 100 million Android devices at the Google I/O event in May, the company has now announced that it has now sold over 130 million devices. That’s at least 30 million in the past two months alone!
In addition to reaching a new high in sales, the company has also announced that it activates 550,000 Android devices daily, 50,000 more than its latest announcement of 500,000 daily activations last month. But it looks like Google still has some catching up to do after Apple announced at WWDC 2011 that it has sold over 200 million iOS devices. Something tells me, it might not take too long if Android activations continue to surge at this rate.
Next Story: PR2 assists quadriplegic in scratching pleasure
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2012-12-27: Christmas Day 2012 Becomes Record-Breaking For Tablet, Smartphone Activations
- 2012-02-02: Samsung ships 700,000 Galaxy Notes in South Korea
- 2012-01-20: Amazon estimated to make $100 in added revenue per Kindle Fire sold
- 2011-12-27: 3.7 million Android devices activated this Christmas
- 2011-12-21: Over 700,000 Android devices activated daily