If you’re someone who wears glasses, then watching 3D movies in the cinema must be a rather uncomfortable experience since you would have to wear the 3D glasses on top of your regular prescription glasses. I know that feeling, and even though it is bearable, it’s probably not the most enjoyable experience. The good news is that Panasonic has come up with a new pair of 3D glasses that should make the moviegoing experience ever so slightly more comfortable.
Introducing the new TY-EW3D series from Panasonic which the company is claiming to be the world’s lightest 3D glasses to date. It reportedly weighs only 26 g for the S and M sizes, and 27 g for the L size which is about the same weight as regular 3D glasses. Apart from being pretty light, it seems that the TY-EW3D has very good battery life too if the claims are to be believed.
Panasonic is boasting 3 h of usage on a 2 minute charge, or 25 h worth of usage for a full 30 minute charge. Unfortunately no word on when they will be available or how much they will cost, or whether they will be universally compatible or remain locked to Panasonic 3D televisions.
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2014-03-07: Panasonic P31 Launched In India, Still In The Smartphone Game
- 2011-11-17: Panasonic looking to offer smartphones outside of Japan
- 2011-11-09: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative kicks off
- 2011-10-12: Panasonic unveils new BizPad Android tablets
- 2011-08-08: Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and Xpand 3D team up to form the Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative
- 2011-07-13: XPAND 3D offers up their Universal 3D glasses that will work at home and the cinema