Panasonic has announced today the SV-ME970 series which essentially is a new portable 7-inch 1Seg TV that is said to come with an IPX6/IPX7 certified body, which means that it is waterproof. The device reportedly features a new and improved UI that will allow you to use the SV-ME970 not only as a television, but also as a tablet that can be used for surfing the internet, thanks to a dedicated browser that has been built into the device.
The SV-ME970 comes equipped with a 7-inch 800×480 resolution touch screen and WiFi, as well as 4GB of internal memory and an SDXC slot. On top of that, the SV-ME970 is said to be able to support video recording as well as being DLNA compatible and can also access to videos stored on some of Panasonic Diga compatible products as well as YouTube videos along with online Japanese radio services like radiko.jp.
Unfortunately, it is only available in Japan and will retail for 45,000 Yen which roughly translates to about $556. Considering we have tablets that are able to stream videos and watch movies on, surf the net, send emails, do we really need a portable television?RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- The Tweeting Bra Sends Tweets Each Time It's Unhooked
- NSA Collects Millions Of Email Addresses, Buddy Lists Globally
- Google Glass Receives Its First Web Browser
- Brazilian clothing store incorporates Facebook Like counters into their hangers
- Follow: japan, panasonic, Tablet, televisions,
- Seen at: en.akihabaranews