Usually when it comes to handsets that have been created specifically to withstand varying levels of abuse, they generally do not look very pleasing to the eye. Then again we’re guessing users who buy them for its protective features probably don’t pay too much attention to its looks anyway. But what if you were looking for a device that could withstand slight abuse, but look pretty good at the same time?
Introducing the Pantech MIRACH IS11PT mobile phone, which the company claims is both waterproof and dustproof, although it does not look like it will be able to withstand hard knocks or drops. Specs wise, the device is said to be sporting a second-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8655 SoC which boasts a 1GHz CPU, a 3.7-inch WVGA screen with a 480 x 800 resolution, and it is also purported to run on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 platform.
Unfortunately not much else is known about the device or its availability and pricing, although chances are it will be launched in Japan, which means those of us living in the US will most likely not see the device available on our shelves.
Next Story: Nokia N950 unboxed by kids
- 2014-04-09: Arirang AS1201 Could Be Made In China, Ironically
- 2014-04-07: OnePlus One To Feature 3GB RAM, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-03-10: MIDIA InkPhone E-Reader Doubles Up As A Phone
- 2013-07-03: Japanese Sequel To 'The Ring' Releasing With 4D Smartphone Experience
- 2012-01-09: Pantech Element waterproof Android tablet
- 2011-12-02: NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone
- 2011-11-25: Sharp Aquos SH-01D will arrive in Japan first, US later
- 2011-09-26: Kyocera Digno ISW11K headed to KDDI