Usually when it comes to handsets that have been created specifically to withstand varying levels of abuse, they generally do not look very pleasing to the eye. Then again we’re guessing users who buy them for its protective features probably don’t pay too much attention to its looks anyway. But what if you were looking for a device that could withstand slight abuse, but look pretty good at the same time?
Introducing the Pantech MIRACH IS11PT mobile phone, which the company claims is both waterproof and dustproof, although it does not look like it will be able to withstand hard knocks or drops. Specs wise, the device is said to be sporting a second-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8655 SoC which boasts a 1GHz CPU, a 3.7-inch WVGA screen with a 480 x 800 resolution, and it is also purported to run on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 platform.
Unfortunately not much else is known about the device or its availability and pricing, although chances are it will be launched in Japan, which means those of us living in the US will most likely not see the device available on our shelves.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: gingerbread, japan, pantech, smartphone, waterproof,
- Seen at: vr-zone