Pioneer has just introduced a new navigation system, called the AVIC-ZH09-MEV, specially designed for electric vehicles (EV). Instead or simply rebranding one of its existing Navigation System units, Pioneer took the time to engineer a new device for the purpose. In addition to functioning as a map to lead you to your destination or take you out of unfamiliar territories, the AVIC-ZH09-MEV has a number of features to help you get the most out of your car’s battery.
The Navigation System has an ECO mode that will show you the most power-efficient route to take when travelling to a destination. It also calculates your actual power reserve, wind drag, how much power you get while braking or decelerating. There is also an ECO mode that can help you improve your driving by keeping track of how much energy you saved, used, generated or converted over the past few days. Some of these stats can even appear in an Eco Status Multi-window that appears on top of your map while you’re using the map. And when you need to know where to go to charge your car, the Navigation System also points out where the closest EV Quick Charging Station is.
No word on when it’ll be available to the rest of the world (it’s arriving in Japan in July) but we’re sure EV drivers would find the Navigation System very useful.
Next Story: Google profiles go public by July 31st?
- 2014-03-12 Pioneer Reportedly Working On Bringing CarPlay To More Vehicles
- 2014-03-05 Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2013-11-11 Pioneer To Re-Enter TV Market
- 2013-10-01 Pioneer ND-HUD10 Augmented Reality Heads Up Display
- 2013-09-30 Pioneer Transparent Display Concept
- 2013-02-15 Moveo Electric Scooter Is Foldable, No Parking Spot Required
- 2011-12-22 Kia Ray EV announced
- 2011-11-04 Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28 Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-10-25 Pioneer releases PotterNavi GPS system for bicycles