Back in the day before digital cameras, the fastest way to view your photos right after taking them was with the use of a Polaroid camera. Nowadays thanks to the age of digital cameras, there’s really no need to use a Polaroid camera anymore unless you prefer having a hard copy of your photograph. It looks like Polaroid has caught up with the times not only with their digital cameras, but with their latest offering, the Z340, it not only allows you to capture photos digitally, but print them on the spot as well.
The camera sports the classic Polaroid look, with the rather large chassis bringing back memories from back in the day. Underneath it, the technology involved is right at home in the 21st century with a 14MP image sensor, a pop-up 2.7-inch LCD screen which can also be used to review your photos along with a 4x digital zoom. Pictures taken can be cropped and edited on the device itself before being stored on the SD card or printed.
The built-in printer uses Zink paper which comprises three layers of dye crystals that are activated by heat to produce the image, so there’s no need for any ink cartridges. The pictures have also been designed to be water resistant, smudge proof and tear proof.
For those interested in get their hands on the Polaroid Z340, the camera is reported to hit the shops in time for Christmas and will come with a price tag of £299.
- 2014-04-02: Polaroid Unveils PolaSma Handset For Teens
- 2014-02-11: Sony a6000 Camera Officially Launched
- 2014-01-15: Samsung Galaxy NX Camera Review
- 2014-01-08: Polaroid Fotobar Delivers New Initiatives At This Year’s CES
- 2014-01-08: Polaroid Socialmatic Camera Announced
- 2014-01-06: Socialmatic Camera To Launch In Fall 2014
- 2014-01-02: Polaroid Expands U.S. Lineup With Three New Q Series Tablets