After the outlandish news of RIM rumored to create a media box we reported this week, it looks like RIM has more plans up its sleeve to diversify BlackBerry. According to the folks at BlackBerry Sync, who received a tip from their own sources, RIM is planning to launch a social music platform that will be dubbed BBM Music.
BBM Music is said to be a service that will allow BlackBerry users to share music and playlists with their friends. We have no idea how it’s supposed to work, but BBM Music is said to have a deep integration with BlackBerry Messenger (hence the BBM in its name).
While sharing music sounds like a great idea, it definitely does nothing to boost the company’s main strengths – enterprise devices and services, so it’s quite puzzling why RIM would want to do this. Unless of course the company has decided that it’s going to switch gears to focus on a totally different market starting this year. Then again, this information should be taken with some salt and will remain a rumor until officially confirmed by RIM. What do you think of RIM launching a music service?RELATED
- The Gramohorn II Speakers For The HTC One Will Cost You $1,610
- HTC Sells Remaining 25 Percent Stake In Beats For $265 Million
- Jawbone Debuts JAMBOX Mini With Same Battery Life As Original
- Beats Rumored To Buy Back HTC's Stake In Their Company
- Sony Updates Walkman, Movies And Album Apps
- Follow: bbm, blackberry, music, RIM, sharing,
- Seen at: blackberrysync