If you’re a BlackBerry user, you’d be interested to know that an updated version of the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) will be making its way to you in the coming months. First heard about in the leaked RIM roadmap that was leaked earlier this year, more details about the update have been recently discovered, this time by the folks at N4BB as well.
According to the leaked documents, the next version of BIS – 4.1, will feature enhancements such as an improved email experience, inbox priming, account management updates (Security Wipe Email Control and SIM Swap Experience), QQ and 139.com integration, carrier reporting, UI changes, and support for additional languages. Hit the source link to check out the slides yourself.
The update will rolled out in the USA on October 8th. Asia Pacific on September 10th and Europe on September 23rd. Anybody excited?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-01-17: BlackBerry roadmap reveals two tablets and BlackBerry 10 smartphone (leak)
- 2012-01-09: BlackBerry 7.1 OS released
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2009-05-05: BlackBerry 8900 OS 126.96.36.199 Leak
- 2009-05-20: BlackBerry Storm 9530 Update Leak