Everybody is trying to guess what the Nexus phone will be, or who is going to create it. With most of the leading Android manufacturers already given a chance to create a flagship Android device there were rumors about LG being the ones to create the next Nexus phone. However, according to a recent tweet from Samsung Romania, it looks like Samsung has gotten the gig again.
Now we’re not sure why Samsung chose to reveal the phone through Twitter, or whether the tweets mean anything, but if they are to be believed, production on the new Nexus will start later this year. It will also be running on Android 4.0 which should be the version number for Android Ice cream sandwich. The phone is also said to pack a 1280 x 720 Super AMOLED HD display, which sounds like a good enough reason to already want the phone. That, and stock Android.
Why do you think Samsung revealed the phone through Twitter? Do you think it was a slip up?
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2011-11-18: Samsung Galaxy Nexus headed to Verizon December 8th?
- 2011-11-09: Samsung Galaxy Nexus accessories arrive at Verizon stores, launch imminent?
- 2011-11-04: Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and HTC Vivid confirmed
- 2011-10-28: Samsung confirms Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy S2 and other devices
- 2011-10-21: Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus