While there are rumors that Skype could be integrated into Facebook tomorrow, how about something which can be substantiated with facts? We are looking at the Skype 5.2 update for Mac which has been made available for download to the masses. Just what does version 5.2 bring to the table? It offers group screen sharing capability, going one up on the previous version that does screen sharing on a one-to-one basis. With group screen sharing, it will make communication and collaboration on group calls a snap, letting everyone else check out presentations, documents, plans right on the display itself, or for the more casual user, how about sharing holiday photos with friends and family?
There is a caveat to all of this though – at least one or more participants in the group call will need to have a Skype Premium subscription before group screen sharing is enabled. If your circle of friends do not own a Skype Premium subscription, fret not – there is always a free seven-day trial to kickstart the situation.
If you are a Mac user, have you already upgraded to Skype 5.2 for Mac? Perhaps you would like to share your thoughts and opinions by leaving a comment.
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop