At last, the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc has swam across the mighty Pacific Ocean, and decided to settle on the shores of the US just like how the pilgrims made their way to the New World all those centuries ago. Well, this model will be different since it does not remain subservient to any mobile carrier – no sir, it will be an unlocked version that is straight from Sony’s website, retailing for $599.99 in the process. You can also opt for a financing option if you’re really hard up for cash and yet love this smartphone to bits.
The Xperia arc will support AT&T’s 3G bands, and while it will work with T-Mobile, bear in mind that their 3G network will not be supported. Bummer! Ah well, at least you get Android 2.3 Gingerbread right out of the box, so there is no need to wait for a current update, while the 4.2″ Reality Display ought to give your eyes a comfortable viewing. Apart from that, the Xperia arc will aso run on a 1GHz Snapdragon processor accompanied by an 8.1-megapixel camera. Any takers?
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-07-11: Sony Ericsson Xperia ray arrives at the FCC
- 2011-04-01: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Arc to arrive at Rogers
- 2011-03-04: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc handset arrives at the FCC
- 2011-01-24: Xperia Arc previewed on video
- 2011-01-17: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc sports unlimited touch points?