AT&T might have lost their iPhone exclusive to Verizon already, but does that mean the company is going to sit there and do nothing but cry their hearts out? No sir, in this fast paced world, it is either you change for the better or be rendered irrelevant by the competition. AT&T certainly does have the resources to bring in other smartphones into their fold to boost their bottom line, with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play being one of them. Here’s a quick hands-on of the device, which incidentally is also available on Verizon, bringing similar specifications including a slide-out keyboard, a 4″ FWVGA display at 854 x 480 resolution and a 1GHz processor to deliver all the mobile processing muscle you need.
AT&T intends to stand out from Verizon by putting up a “Stealth Blue” model which will spice things up by quite a bit. So far, initial impressions of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play have been favorable, but it remains to be seen whether the public is ready to embrace it when there are other solid dedicated portable gaming machines around. Check out a video of it in action after the jump.
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- Fox Announces Family Guy Mobile Game Arriving In 2014
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Follow: at&t, se, sony ericsson, sony ericsson xperia play, xperia play,
- Seen at: m.androidcentral