While the original Walkman might be dead, the brand name still lives on. Sony has just announced new additions to its Walkman portable media player line up: the A860, S760 and the E460. All three models come with a sleek, curvaceous new design, and are touted to have a generous battery life for longer listening. Best of all, they support easy drag-and-drop for transferring music through the use of iTunes or Windows Explorer.
The Walkman PMPs feature Clear Audio Technologies to make your MP3s sound better, and they come loaded with extra features such as SensMe to automatically categorize your music, and Karaoke Mode for those singalong sessions.
The A860 and S760 support streaming music over Bluetooth to wireless headphones, compatible docks, car audio head units and other devices. Unfortunately the lack of WiFi means you won’t be streaming your music to WiFi devices. No word on pricing, but the new Walkman players will be available from end of August 2011.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: mp3 player, pmp, Sony, walkman,