Folks living across the pond, specifically those who reside in the UK will be pleased to hear news that they can place a pre-order for the upcoming Sony S1 tablet when September 1st rolls around, and everything seems to run according to plan. Guess this would put Sony on track to be one of the first few hardware manufacturers to roll out the Android 3.X Honeycomb-powered tablet, but hopefully they won’t roll out a gimped version in the attempt to be the first.
There is still no word on its pricing details, and we have no additional details on how it will be compatible with the PlayStation Suite, but since the Sony S1 did arrive at the FCC in June, it should not be too far away from a release Stateside. What do you think?
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2011-08-23: Sony Tablet S is Sony S1
- 2011-08-04: Android 3.2 Honeycomb to arrive on Sony S1 and S2
- 2011-07-15: Sony S1 and Sony S2 Preview (Android Tablets)
- 2011-06-17: Sony releases first episode of new S1 tablet teasers
- 2011-04-25: Sony S1 and S2 tablets announced