A couple of hours ago we reported on what appeared to be the new specs of the upcoming refresh of Apple’s MacBook Air line of laptops. For those who have been following the tech news and also the progress of OS X Lion and the new hardware refreshes, you guys are probably aware that apart from the refreshes of the MacBook Air, there has been word that the Apple Cinema Display, the Mac Mini along with the Mac Pro might be seeing hardware refreshes too.
As it turns out, 9to5 Mac later revealed that the Mac Mini’s specs have also been leaked by the same source of the MacBook Air leaks, Mr. X. Once again this is probably just speculation and we will not have a confirmation until Apple actually releases something. For the sake of discussion, and also for those who have been dying to see what the refresh will bring to the table for the Mac Mini, the supposed specs are:
- The base model will include a 2.3 GHz processor with 2GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive storage space
- The more expensive model will include a 2.5 GHz processor with 4GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space.
- Finally, the new Mac mini line will also include a new server model with a 2.0 GHz processor, 4 GB of RAM, and two 500GB hard drives of storage. This new server model should include OS X Lion server, but that’s just a reasonable assumption.
Processor wise the Mac Minis are said to be sporting the Intel Sandy Bridge chipsets and should also feature Thunderbolt ports. Since the rumors are pointing at a release tomorrow or by the end of the week, I guess we will not have to wait long to find out how reliable Mr. X really is.
Update – As it turns out, Mr. X was indeed correct. The base model of the Mac Mini will cost $599 while the more expensive model will go for $799.RELATED
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October
- Analyst: iMacs With Intel Haswell Chips Expected In June/July
- Next-Gen Mac Pro To Be "Really Different"
- Follow: intel, mac mini, os x lion,
- Seen at: 9to5mac