After what seemed like an eternity, the talks about Spotify arriving stateside are about to come true. According to the latest reports online, it looks like the music streaming service that’s popular on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean will be making its way to our shores – this week. While this is certainly great news for everybody looking forward to using the service, it won’t be available to everyone right away.
Like Google+, Spotify will be launching as an invite-only service; giving its existing subscribers having the power to hand out invitations. This way the service can control how many people join up at the same time so there won’t be an overload of users.
What’s interesting about the launch is that Spotify hasn’t gotten the approval from Warner Music Group yet – even though the service is said to have sealed the deal with the remainder of the big four, so if it does launch this week, it might have a huge chunk missing from its catalog. That or they use Warner’s music illegally. Well it’s already Monday today, with 6 days left into the week, we won’t have to wait too long to find out if rumors are true. Anybody still excited about Spotify?
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- Search Engines Not That Instrumental In Aiding Music Piracy, According To Study
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Microsoft's Nokia Music Mix Party Let's Your Friends Become Virtual DJs [Video]
- Spotify Rolls Out 'Discover' Tab To Help Users Find New Tunes