After months of negotiations and plenty of rumors – Spotify is finally ready to make its debut in the United States of America. The company has announced yesterday that the service will launch its popular music streaming service on this side of the world today – in a few hours to be exact (8am ET). So far no official details have been confirmed, but here’s what we know so far from previous speculations:
Spotify has three out of the four labels onboard with its service, and it will be launching as an invite-only service so it won’t be overloaded or congested right from the start. Expect it to open up over the months to allow more users in. We won’t have to wait too long for more details about the Spotify launch, so stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted. Who’s excited about the launch?
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- Search Engines Not That Instrumental In Aiding Music Piracy, According To Study
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Microsoft's Nokia Music Mix Party Let's Your Friends Become Virtual DJs [Video]
- Spotify Rolls Out 'Discover' Tab To Help Users Find New Tunes