After months of negotiations and plenty of rumors – Spotify is finally ready to make its debut in the United States of America. The company has announced yesterday that the service will launch its popular music streaming service on this side of the world today – in a few hours to be exact (8am ET). So far no official details have been confirmed, but here’s what we know so far from previous speculations:
Spotify has three out of the four labels onboard with its service, and it will be launching as an invite-only service so it won’t be overloaded or congested right from the start. Expect it to open up over the months to allow more users in. We won’t have to wait too long for more details about the Spotify launch, so stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted. Who’s excited about the launch?
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2011-09-23: Spotify now open to everyone in the US
- 2011-07-11: Spotify to launch in the US as an invite-only service this week?
- 2011-06-17: Spotify rumored to launch this July
- 2011-02-23: Spotify to arrive in the US very soon
- 2011-02-08: Spotify hitting the States soon?