They say that patience is a virtue, but if you are a Nokia handset owner, then chances are you would have run low or even gone empty on your virtue “bank account” already by now. After all, folks who have long been waiting for the Symbian Anna update have been dealt with yet another blow – it will be delayed to sometime at the end of August. For those who see the glass as half full, what’s waiting for another month when you’ve waited so long already? As for the rest, it might seem like a breach of good faith, especially at the recent Nokia Connection event, a definitive date was given.
Those who are thinking of picking up a new Nokia handset, however, need not wait any longer since Symbian Anna will ship with the N8, C7 and E7 later this month. Of course, we have also heard word of a quartet of 1GHz running Nokia handsets that are coming our way, running on Symbian Belle instead – which is an update to the yet-unreleased Anna. Now would you prefer to wait for that batch?
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-04-24: Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2012-01-30: Nokia Belle update could start rolling out 8th February
- 2011-10-10: Nokia explains the design process behind Symbian Belle
- 2011-08-24: Symbian Belle launched by Nokia
- 2011-08-22: Nokia launches countdown to "something new on Symbian"