If the T.27 were to be some kind of Pokemon that went up against an opponent known as Greenhouse Monster, then we would most probably see the following message displayed – “It’s super effective!”, knocking out the Greenhouse Monster in but a single blow. Why do we say so? Well, the T.27 is touted to be an extremely high efficient electric vehicle thanks to its 25 kilowatt motor and a powertrain developed by Zytek Automotive. With a 12 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery system delivering the kicks from within, the T.27 is capable of hitting a top speed of 65 miles per hour with an estimated 100 mile range. The beauty of the T.27 is its ability to be juiced from a standard outlet, taking just a quartet of hours to hit full capacity.
The T.27 is not a limousine though, being relatively tiny at 8 feet in length and 4 feet wide, sporting a special design that provides adequate safety to the three humans sitting inside even in the event of a crash.
Gordon Murray Design also touts that the T.27 is far more energy efficient compared to electric vehicles on the road. In comparison, the Mini-E is said to consume 86% more energy per kilometer compared to the T.27, now how about that? Expect the T.27 to arrive later this November at an undisclosed price.
Next Story: Sony S2 tablet to debut on AT&T
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2013-12-05: Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-09-26: DUT 13 Electric Vehicle Breaks 0-60 World Acceleration Record
- 2013-06-25: Drayson Racing Technologies Breaks World Land Speed Record For Electric Cars
- 2013-06-16: DC Fast Charging Coming To Electric Cars Soon
- 2011-11-04: Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28: Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-10-17: Electric DeLorean coming your way
- 2011-09-30: Nissan mobility concept ready to land in Japan
- 2011-09-29: Morgan and Zytek work on high performance electric vehicle