T-Mobile subscribers who own the HTC G2 will be glad to know that after months of waiting, the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update has finally arrived! Which is strange, considering that the phone is running on stock Android, and last time I checked, it means faster updates (since there’s no custom skinning or modding of the OS involved). Regardless, it’s better late than never – at least the update is now here.
So for those of you who haven’t rooted your device and replaced it with a custom Gingerbread ROM yet, keep an eye out for the OTA notification on your phone, or head over to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates to check for it. It’s going to take a few weeks to finish rolling out, so don’t worry if it’s not on your phone yet. Even T-Mobile specifically mentions not to call them up before September 1st to complain about your lack of updates. If you do get the update, let us know how it goes.
Next Story: USB Cassette Capture & Player
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2011-08-15 HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread tomorrow?
- 2011-08-12 HTC Sensation Android 2.3.4 update rolling out in Europe
- 2011-08-04 myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-07-26 T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today
- 2011-02-17 HTC Desire to get Gingerbread update in the near future