Whispers on the ground have it that T-Mobile’s G2x will be on the receiving end of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update very, very soon – which ain’t too shabby since the G2x rolled out in April this year with Android 2.2 Froyo in tow. This piece of “news” comes about courtesy of a moderator over at LG’s official forums, where said mod responded to a question concerning the G2x’s Gingerbread update, by saying, “I’d be really surprised if it was more than a month out.”
That pretty much places it well within the July window, and the smartphone itself did rather well since its release. Having said that, the smartphone isn’t exactly problem-free as a fair number of owners did raise concerns surrounding random reboots and light bleeding. What we prefer to see, however, is an official announcement from T-Mobile concerning the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update to put all speculation and rumors to rest.
Next Story: Microsoft's Xbox 360 to get a R2-D2 edition?
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11 T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2011-08-04 myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-07-28 T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-26 T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today
- 2011-06-03 T-Mobile G2x Gingerbread update next week?
- 2011-05-26 T-Mobile G2x Gingerbread arriving this summer