One of the disappointing things about the T-Mobile G2X was the fact that the phone shipped with Android 2.2 Froyo and instead of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Well, if you’re a T-Mobile G2X owner who’s been patiently waiting for the update we’ve got some good news for you. T-Mobile has just announced that the OTA update for Gingerbread starts rolling out today.
But if you don’t have the patience to wait for the OTA update to reach your phone, LG has released the instructions for you to manually update the G2X to Android 2.3. Talk about efficient! This is probably one of the fastest Gingerbread updates that have been pushed out for an Android device – even the so-called flagship HTC G2 (that runs on stock Android) has yet to receive the update from T-Mobile, and the phone has been out since last year.
To check whether the OTA update is ready for your phone (in case you missed the notification) you can head over to Settings > About Phone > System Updates, if not you can head over to LG’s website for the manual instructions. Let us know how the update goes for you! Full list of changes here.
Thanks to the folks at mydaily-gadget.com for sending this in.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2011-08-04: myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-07-28: T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-18: LG Optimus 3D to get 2D to 3D conversion for apps with Gingerbread
- 2011-07-08: T-Mobile G2x to receive Gingerbread update soon
- 2011-05-26: T-Mobile G2x Gingerbread arriving this summer