Are you an owner of the new T-Mobile myTouch 4G, or just can’t wait to get your hands on one of these puppies soon? Good news then – you will also be able to enjoy the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update as the test pilot begins this July 20th. The test pilot program will enable customers who request the update to receive it right on that day itself, and for the rest of the disinterested T-Mobile myTouch 4G crowd, they will eventually receive the Gingerbread update, so it is just a matter of waiting.
Just in case you do not know, Android 2.3 Gingerbread has been around for quite some time already, which makes us wonder why didn’t T-Mobile make sure Android 2.3 was ready for the myTouch 4G before releasing the phone – that would surely get rid of the hassle of waiting for an update, and it isn’t as if there are other phones jostling for space at the same time where the myTouch 4G was launched.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2011-10-06: T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q are now official
- 2011-08-08: LG G-Slate gets Android 3.1 Honeycomb update
- 2011-08-08: T-Mobile LG Flip II spotted?
- 2011-08-04: myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-04-24: T-Mobile G2x set to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread