TiVo the country’s favorite DVR has just launched an updated app for the iPhone. Like the TiVo for iPad app, TiVo for iPhone will allow users to take control of their TiVo sets, using the iPhone as an advanced remote control. Users will be able to make use of gesture-based controls to move backwards or forwards through a show, browser full-screen TV program guides without having to interrupt what’s on screen, schedule recordings, explore cast and crew, and other recommendations from the app itself, and search for your favorite shows on your favorite channels. Users can also share their thoughts about a program on Facebook/Twitter from within the app.
The new TiVo app also has a guest mode that gives users a sample of the TiVo experience. Which TiVo hopes will convince people to purchase a TiVo set after having a taste of what to expect. The TiVo app also now supports TiVo Series3, HD and HD XL DVRs. TiVo for the iPhone is available free from the Apple App Store now.
Next Story: EA purchases PopCap Games
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2011-09-23: Google+ app for iOS updated 9/23/2011
- 2011-05-17: Infinity Blade to receive massive update this Thursday
- 2011-04-18: Dropbox for iOS updated
- 2011-03-16: Google Search for iPhone updated
- 2011-02-15: Kindle for iOS updated