Early adopters of the Toshiba Thrive, rejoice! It seems as though the Japanese consumer electronics giant has rolled out the first software update for said tablet – which is fairly recent after the Thrive went officially on sale. Just what does this update entail? You can surely expect the standard bunch of “improvements”, where in the Thrive’s case would include better support for multi-touch capability amongst others. Someone from the Android Central forums did report that his Thrive no longer worked as it used to since a generic NVIDIA Tegra driver could not have it connect to his computer via the Android Debug Bridge from Google’s software developer tools.
Just to get a better idea of how the Toshiba Thrive stacks up against the rest of the tablet crowd, this device will sport a 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor, not to mention a rather high resolution 10.1″ 1,280 x 800 pixel display. It also has a removable back panel that enables you to swap the battery, while a USB port and an SD memory card slot is there for expansion purposes. If you own a Thrive, have you gotten your update yet?
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-07-29: Toshiba Thrive update solves sleep issues
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-07-17: Toshiba Thrive experiences sleep and reboot bugs
- 2011-06-20: Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan
- 2011-06-13: Toshiba Thrive pre-order goes live