Toshiba’s Thrive tablet might be very nice to look at, but there is no point to having excellent hardware when your software is gimped – and that seemed to be the case, as more than just a few Thrive owners have reported issues with their new tablets, claiming it has sleep and wake (reboot) issues. To fix the bug, some users claim that they have to perform a hard reboot – definitely not one of the more convenient methods to get things going, but when you don’t have a choice…
Well, now Thrive owners do have an option thanks to a new update from Toshiba which will roll out next week, and Toshiba promises that this update will shake off the sleep/resume problem – for good. This update is available via the Thrive’s Service Station application, where apart from this update, you will also be able to obtain a software refresh that has enhancements for multimedia playback.
Next Story: iPhone 5 spotted in the wild?
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-07-17: Toshiba Thrive experiences sleep and reboot bugs
- 2011-07-11: Toshiba Thrive software update arrives
- 2011-06-20: Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan
- 2011-06-13: Toshiba Thrive pre-order goes live