Twitter users with Android phones – we’ve got some fantastic news. Twitter has announced on its official blog today that the Twitter app for Android has just received a major update that includes features we’ve all been waiting for: support for push notifications and multiple accounts! Undoubtedly, these features should have been available on the app right from the start, but as the saying goes: better late than never.
Push notifications have been missing from the official client and all third party Twitter clients on Android (as far as I know) all this while, and this update makes Twitter for Android the first and only Twitter client on the platform with the feature. No more polling and wasting your phone’s resources or your phone’s data plan.
While multiple accounts has been a mainstay of third party clients like Tweet Deck, its arrival on the official client means that users won’t have to rely on other clients anymore. It looks like Twitter is really focusing its efforts on creating a good Android app. Too bad we can’t say the same for Facebook and its official Android client. The latest version of Twitter for Android is available now from the Android Market – head over there to download it. In the meantime, follow us on Twitter as well @UberGizmo, for all the latest updates from our blog.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, apps, official, twitter, update,
- Seen at: blog.twitter