Twitter users with Android phones – we’ve got some fantastic news. Twitter has announced on its official blog today that the Twitter app for Android has just received a major update that includes features we’ve all been waiting for: support for push notifications and multiple accounts! Undoubtedly, these features should have been available on the app right from the start, but as the saying goes: better late than never.
Push notifications have been missing from the official client and all third party Twitter clients on Android (as far as I know) all this while, and this update makes Twitter for Android the first and only Twitter client on the platform with the feature. No more polling and wasting your phone’s resources or your phone’s data plan.
While multiple accounts has been a mainstay of third party clients like Tweet Deck, its arrival on the official client means that users won’t have to rely on other clients anymore. It looks like Twitter is really focusing its efforts on creating a good Android app. Too bad we can’t say the same for Facebook and its official Android client. The latest version of Twitter for Android is available now from the Android Market – head over there to download it. In the meantime, follow us on Twitter as well @UberGizmo, for all the latest updates from our blog.
Next Story: PENTAX announces limited edition 645D
- 2014-04-24 Android 4.4.3 Might Bring A Redesigned Dialer
- 2014-04-24 ARM Expects 64-bit Android Devices By End Of The Year
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-03-17 Twitter Testing New 'Fave People' Timeline
- 2012-07-10 Twitter updates Android and iOS apps
- 2012-05-15 Twitter for Android updated with bug fixes
- 2012-02-21 Twitter app for iPhone and Android updated
- 2011-11-17 Samsung Galaxy S2 officially confirmed for ICS 4.0 update