We thought that the MediaPad was first 7″ Honeycomb tablet to be released later this year, but now it looks like there are other companies in the running in the race as well. Acer and ViewSonic both have their own offerings on the way – the Acer Iconia Tab A100 and the ViewSonic 7x. The 7x has just been officially announced to have a mid-August release date, while the A100 hasn’t got a release date yet. Huawei’s MediaPad has been said to be available globally by Q3, so August sounds pretty likely as well, we’ll just have to see which one arrives first.
The ViewSonic 7x will pack a 7″ 1024 x 600 Gorilla Glass display, Android 3.2, NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of flash storage, 2-megapixel front facing camera, 5-megapixel rear camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, mini HDMI output, USB 2.0 slot, and will be priced at about $499 for the WiFi-only model.
Next Story: Apple has yet to approve Google+ app
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-13: Huawei MediaPad visits the FCC again, headed for AT&T
- 2011-12-05: HTC Flyer gets Honeycomb
- 2011-11-22: ViewSonic's ViewPad 7x could be released in time for Christmas
- 2011-07-15: Android 3.2 Honeycomb being delivered to tablet makers soon?
- 2011-06-20: Huawei MediaPad Android tablet launched