Western Digital, one of the names that is closely associated with quality storage devices for the computer (desktop or otherwise), is back again with the new WD Scorpio Blue. This is a new 2.5″ mobile hard drive which measures a mere 9.5mm thin, and to sweeten the deal, the Scorpio Blue will feature up to 1TB of storage space, being specially designed for mainstream notebook computers.
How is the 1TB storage space possible on the new WD Scorpio Blue? For starters, the hard drive makes use of 500GB-per-platter area density, and to make sure it will help maintain the integrity of your data, the Scorpio Blue mobile hard drives will feature ruggedness, reliability and data-protection features, where you can be sure that your precious data will be actively watched over.
Let’s see whether the laundry list of features add up – low power consumption, running in a cool and quiet manner, reliability with WD’s SecurePark ability, WD’s ShockGuard technology and Advanced Format (AF) Technology. We are pleased to say that 1TB of storage space will set you back by a mere $139 today – which is a whole lot more affordable compared to a few years ago. [Press Release]RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Microsoft Launches Another Scroogled Campaign Against The Chromebook
- Linutop 5 Fanless Mini Linux Desktop
- Thecus N2310 NAS Sips On Just 5W Of Power
- Acer Z3-600 AIO Desktop Announced
- Follow: hard disk, hard drive, hdd, Storage, wd, western digital,