Is this an April Fool’s joke warning? There are reports floating around the Internet which claim that the Wii U will be arriving sometime in Q2 of 2012, with April 1st being the earliest date, although to see it hit retail stores after that won’t be too far off the mark either. Whispers on the street also have the Wii U stream video to the controller itself, now how about that? One thing’s for sure, Nintendo had better get the battery life of these controllers up to snuff if it were to handle such heavy duty tasks, and a larger battery would mean a heftier weight – this is going to be quite tricky to achieve a balance.
Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America, recently had a chat with David M. Ewalt at Forbes, where he divulged information that the Wii and Wii U will be sold side-by-side when the new system is revealed to the masses. As for the games that we are already aware of, they will be playable on a single video display on the Wii U controller, as the other player will miss out on such an experience, but have to rely on the WiiMote and Nunchuck instead.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2013-11-14: Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07: Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30: Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25: Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1