Mango should be making its way to our Windows Phone 7 handsets very, very soon. According to the official Microsoft blog, the company has just signed off on the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build of the operating system – that means the operating system is now in the hands on of handset makers and carriers to create new Mango handsets with. Now we’ll just have to wait for OEMs to start pumping out new phones with the updated Windows Phone OS.
In the meantime, Microsoft will be working on delivering the updates to current WP7 users. Hopefully there won’t be hiccups for the update process like a lot of users experienced for the NoDo and pre-NoDo updates. Microsoft, the carriers and manufacturers should’ve learnt their lessons by now right? With half a thousand new features expected in Windows Phone 7 Mango, this is one update that a lot of people are looking forward to.
- 2011-12-29: Nokia Lumia 710 appears on T-Mobile's page with SmartStart
- 2011-11-30: AT&T Dell Venue Pro Mango update finally arrives
- 2011-11-09: HTC TITAN arrives on AT&T later this month
- 2011-11-08: Tango for Windows Phone now available [video chat]
- 2011-11-07: Spotify hits Windows Phone 7.5 devices
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-03: Windows Phone Mango update sent out to 50% of the world
- 2011-09-27: Windows Phone 7 Mango delivery begins today
- 2011-09-12: HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S, Focus Flash headed to AT&T
- 2011-08-19: Windows Phone 7 Mango ready to be delivered