Some folks had pretty high expectations for the upcoming Windows Phone Mango update that is said to arrive later this fall, with whispers of in-app purchases being enabled making their rounds on the Internet. Unfortunately, Microsoft has decided to shoot down such rumors with an official announcement, claiming that the feature will NOT arrive on Mango – despite saying it is a priority, but we guess the priority is not high enough to warrant such a move.
Perhaps the update after Mango will offer something like that? According to Microsoft employee Todd Brix, while said feature was a high priority for the Mango update, it “didn’t make the cut.” Developers might groan at this announcement since it closes up one channel to make money off users, and for users, they might feel the ‘pain’ more acutely since they will be unable to perform microtransactions from in-app purchases which is available on other platforms.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2011-11-30: AT&T Dell Venue Pro Mango update finally arrives
- 2011-10-28: Windows Phone Mango heads for virtually all devices
- 2011-09-22: HTC Radar 4G headed for T-Mobile, seen in the wild
- 2011-07-12: Samsung phone runs on Windows Phone Mango
- 2011-05-24: Windows Phone Mango details announced by Microsoft