As Apple rides high from their latest quarterly earnings call (and beating the Street’s estimates to boot even in the current shaky economic climate by a comfortable margin), the fruity company has also announced a new Mac mini, MacBook Air and operating system – the OS X Lion, to create a ‘high’ for the industry in the middle of the week. Yahoo! is quick to adopt its range of software and apps to the Lion OS by delivering its Mail, Contacts, Instant Messaging and Calendar Sync without missing a beat.
Basically, those who purchase a new MacBook Air or Mac mini with the latest Lion OS will find no issue integrating it with the range of their favorite Yahoo! products. When you fire up your Mail application for the first time in Lion, it will ask whether you would like to setup your Yahoo! account. Once that is done and over with, you can access your Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Contacts, Yahoo! Calendar, and Yahoo! Messenger (embedded in iChat) services without batting an eyelid.
Now to see who is next down the list who will follow Yahoo! in their footsteps…RELATED
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Jony Ive Designed (RED) Mac Pro Fetches $977,000 At Auction
- Several Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Owners Complain About Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- Historic Apple II DOS Source Code Can Now Be Downloaded
- Follow: lion, os x, os x lion, yahoo,
- Seen at: ymailblog