If you’re rocking to an Android-powered smartphone, then surely you would know that the Android Market is trying its darndest best to overtake Apple’s App Store in terms of apps available, but we can safely say that quality trumps quantity here. Market analysis experts at Nielsen recently gathered usage data from Android users for statistical purposes, and it showed that 50 apps take up the bulk of your time out of around 250,000 apps on the Android Market. We’re talking about averages here, and a typical Android user will spend nearly an hour each day, interacting with their handsets.
Around 67% of the time revolves around app usage, while the remaining time is spent surfing the Internet. The top 50 most popular Android apps take up 61% of all users’ time spent on the smartphone – guess the remaining 249,950 apps are left unloved – surely something must be done to make sure the app love is spread around?
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2013-03-26: Blackberry Q10 Will Support Android App Ports As Well
- 2012-11-12: VINCI Curriculum Named as CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree
- 2012-08-28: SkyDrive App For Android Finally Arrives
- 2012-08-15: Swiftkey 3.0.1 Android keyboard adds colors and languages
- 2011-05-13: NOOK for Android app gets Barnes & Noble update