Just when we thought the Huawei MediaPad would be the first 7″ Honeycomb tablet, it looks like Acer has managed to beat them it to the punch. Acer has just announced the release of the Iconia Tab A100 in the US, and as it stands, it is the first 7″ tablet shipping with Android 3.2 Honeycomb. For those of you who think a 10″ slate is much too cumbersome to carry around, the Iconia Tab A100 might be just for you.
The Acer Iconia Tab A100 features an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, a 7″ 1024 x 600 display, HDMI output, a 5-megapixel rear camera with flash, a 2-megapixel front facing camera, Android 3.2 Honeycomb, Adobe Flash 10.3 pre-loaded, HDMI output, a MicroSD card reader, WiFi, Bluetooth, and DLNA.
The Acer Iconia Tab A100 also seems targeted at moms and families (multiple mentions in the press release) with a number of useful apps such as Acer’s Social Jogger, Acer Day Planner, Google Books and more. Prices start at $329.99 for the 8GB model, while $349.99 doubles the tablet’s memory to 16GB. You can purchase the Honeycomb tablet at retail stores nationwide.RELATED
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Additional Nokia Lumia 2020 "Illusionist" Rumors Surface
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 410 64-Bit Chipset For $150 Devices
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Follow: acer, android 3.2, honeycomb, Tablet,