Just when we thought the Huawei MediaPad would be the first 7″ Honeycomb tablet, it looks like Acer has managed to beat them it to the punch. Acer has just announced the release of the Iconia Tab A100 in the US, and as it stands, it is the first 7″ tablet shipping with Android 3.2 Honeycomb. For those of you who think a 10″ slate is much too cumbersome to carry around, the Iconia Tab A100 might be just for you.
The Acer Iconia Tab A100 features an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, a 7″ 1024 x 600 display, HDMI output, a 5-megapixel rear camera with flash, a 2-megapixel front facing camera, Android 3.2 Honeycomb, Adobe Flash 10.3 pre-loaded, HDMI output, a MicroSD card reader, WiFi, Bluetooth, and DLNA.
The Acer Iconia Tab A100 also seems targeted at moms and families (multiple mentions in the press release) with a number of useful apps such as Acer’s Social Jogger, Acer Day Planner, Google Books and more. Prices start at $329.99 for the 8GB model, while $349.99 doubles the tablet’s memory to 16GB. You can purchase the Honeycomb tablet at retail stores nationwide.
Next Story: German police use Facebook to help solve crimes
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2011-08-04 Android 3.2 Honeycomb to arrive on Sony S1 and S2
- 2011-07-15 Android 3.2 Honeycomb being delivered to tablet makers soon?
- 2011-07-05 ViewSonic 7x Honeycomb tablet shipping in mid August
- 2011-06-20 Huawei MediaPad Android tablet launched
- 2011-03-16 Upcoming HP, Dell, HTC, Acer and Toshiba tablets prices and dates leaked